Defilement Comes from Within
‘This people honors Me with their lips,
But their heart is far from Me.
And in vain they worship Me,
Teaching as doctrines the commandments of men.’
This verse is God's word of encouragement
to lift the hands of faith
to fortify the knees of prayer.
So don't sit around on your hands!
No more dragging your feet!
Clear the path for long-distance runners
so no one will trip and fall,
so no one will step in a hole and sprain an ankle.
Help each other out.
And run for it!
So take a new grip with your tired hands
and strengthen your weak knees.
Mark out a straight path for your feet
so that those who are weak and lame
will not fall but become strong.
Therefore, strengthen your feeble arms
and weak knees.
"Make level paths for your feet,"
so that the lame may not be disabled,
but rather healed.
No matter which version of the Bible you fancy,
they all say the same thing:
God says, "Lift up the hands that hang down."
Do not allow your feet to be "turned out of the way,"
but let your body "be healed,"
and your faith strengthened.
Friends, can you believe what God does for us?! I mean, really? Ain't it something to be His child? As we near Father's Day, let us not forget to thank and honor the most High Father we know. And if you don't have a personal relationship with The Man yet, may I encourage you to start one today. He has changed my life. He has given me Life. Real Life!
This post today was a result of my devotional reading in Streams in the Desert. Whenever I read the first half of Hebrews 12, generally I focus on running the race at the beginning and the peaceable portion near the center, but today, I found this tid-bit tuck in between those two.
Amen. Amen, sister. So, what are you waiting for?
And ladies, that is indeed a good thing. In fact, it is the best gift you can give your Father in Heaven for Dad's Day!
Let us humbly pray:
Father God, give us all that we need this day to lift our hands to you, both in a longing for healing and a sign of praise for what you promise. Turn our feet to trod upon Your path. Heal our hearts. Renew our minds. Strengthen us as we raise up and kneel down. In Jesus' name, amen.
* Quotes above from Streams in the Desert: 366 Daily Devotional Readings by L.B. Cowman, edited by Jim Reimann; p. 227-238, June 18 entry
* Healing Hearts, Renewing Minds is a ministry site where God's love saturates and His Truth permeates.
* This God-inspired place is dedicated to gently guiding wounded women along a path that leads to God and His wondrous and overwhelming forgiveness, grace, mercy, and love.
* Healing Hearts, Renewing Minds is also a place for church leaders to come and discover more about the hearts (of post-abortive & other wounded women) so that healing can begin and renewing can be reached, both inside and outside of church walls.
* With encouragement and a big ole hug, you are welcome here.