Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Work of Heart



"And the vessel that he made of clay

was marred in the hand of the potter;

so he made it again into another vessel,

as it seemed good to the potter to make."


Jeremiah 18:4




"But now, O LORD,

You are our Father;

We are the clay, and You our potter;

And all we are the work of Your hand."

Isaiah 64:8



Have you actually worked with clay--felt it's heaviness and held its possibilities in your hand? Although the ruddy mass can be miraculously transformed into wonderful objects of beauty, it is rather stiff, and oftentimes even unyielding.

Are those the thoughts that God thinks of us as He shapes us into His vessels?

Boy, she is really resisting My work in her today/this week/this season/this year. When she yields she will feel My loving hands mould her into a work of art, no, actually, she will become a work of My Heart.

What work is God trying to do in you? Are you ready and willing to let Him lovingly begin a healing of your heart and a renewing of your mind? Friends, yield today.



Let us humbly pray:

Lord, let each of us become workable vessels of clay today. Give us strength to yield and a desire to obey. Give us grace to bend and mercy when it hurts. Father, mould us into works of Your heart. In Jesus' name, Amen.



3 comments:

Tracey M. said...

I can't remember how I found your site but I was very moved by it and very much look forward to seeing how the Lord is going to use it. Your questions today really tugged at my heart and I am taking it to prayer. How moldable and how willing am I to be molded by Him? I have been post abortive for 19 years and I'm part of Carenet Dane County. I have done their Forgiven & Set Free bible study by myself & then as part of a group. Never have I felt his forgiveness as powerful as I did from that. The Lord continues to show me there is still more work and more healing to do, and also ministering to others like you are. Bless you for what you are undertaking.
Tracey

Jennifer said...

Hi Tracy! I too am post-abortive and God has healed me and led me to help other women to him and his healing! Isn't he just something!

He is GOOD ALL OF THE TIME!!

God Bless!

Tracey M. said...

I'm just starting out in the blog-sphere but am amazed to see how the Lord's presence is moving among so many of us! I am glad I found this site since I've been sensing that the Lord wants to do redemptive work now through me to redeem what the enemy stole so many years ago when I was 18. I can't wait to see how he chooses to work through me here. Bless you and your ministry.

Related Posts with Thumbnails