Thursday, February 4, 2010

Lay it Down

Hello everyone. I wanted to introduce myself. My name is Jennifer and I met Darlene through a mutual friend while doing a guest post on a blog. As post-abortive women our hearts were entwined and here we are! God birthed this blog through Darlene and I am so excited to see what He is going to do through it.

I am a certified leader for Surrendering the Secret and went through my own healing journey just over a year ago. Over this past year God has ignited a fire in me for post-abortive women and it continues to grow everyday.

I’ve been thinking about what to write all week. Asking God to give me something. I am giving you a little bit of me through my quiet time and journaling with God:

“Lord, only you can heal these women-You and you alone- I can get the message out about the pain and heartache of abortion and the restoration and freedom that only comes from you. I believe you have led me to this ministry because I am a post-abortive woman. I have suffered severely-physically, emotionally and spiritually- my innocence was taken away- my life was never the same, but you Lord- you have taken me from the darkest depths and healed me- you have shined your light into my soul, into my secret places and that is what you want for other women. Living the way I did for so long should not be the norm- Women need to be set free, set free from their pain, from their pasts. We are a new creation in you but if we don’t let go of our past, if we don’t deal with it and give it completely to you, then we can never truly be free. You want all women to experience total freedom in you. It is your gift to us”.

I’m involved in a weekly Bible study every Wednesday morning. This semester we are working on “Anointed, Transformed, Redeemed” by Priscilla Shirer, Beth Moore, and Kay Arthur. This week Beth was speaking about Moving on with Brave Obedience.

Many post-abortive women are stuck. We are stuck in our past, stuck in our pain, and believe that this one sin is unforgivable. This just isn’t so. There are no levels of sin. In God’s eye sin is sin, plain and simple. Beth stated that Satan is banking on us staying “there”, for us “there” is our abortion. The enemy wants to keep us stuck and will pull whatever he has to too keep us there. He will fill our head with lies, feed us false information, and take away our self-worth.
However, we serve a God who is much bigger than this. We serve a God who loves us so much that he sent his one and only Son to save us. All of us, there is no exclusion for post-abortive women.

This road to healing is not painless. Going back and looking at what we have done is not easy, but the healing and freedom that can only come from Him is so much more than I could have ever imagined.

Come to the cross, lay your burdens down, He will pick them up and carry them. He wants all of you, not just certain parts. Complete surrender. He will be with you every step of the way. It's time...time for the captives to be set free.


"Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins" Colossians 1:13-14



Let us pray:
Father you are Jehovah Rophe-the God who heals. You see these women and your heart breaks. You feel their pain, know their secret places, and you want them to bring it all to you. You Father want to set them free. You have plans for their lives, each one of them, good things, plans to prosper them and not to harm them. Father God, you want them to lay this heavy burden down, to lay it at the foot of your cross. Lord, I pray for each person who comes to this site to come to know you. To know that you are God and you are good. To lay down the burden that they have carried for so long. True healing comes from you. You and only You. Thank you Father for loving us so much. More than we could ever possibly imagine. We love you. In Jesus name-Amen

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails