Friday, February 26, 2010

Grace Embrace




Friends, some days we just need a detour off the regular path. Since our individual healings come in different sizes and shapes and forms, so sometimes do my methods and words and heart beats.

Praying for all to find the only One who can truly apply the healing & renewing balm...




one storm lingered
long


past the mopping
and sopping



an obvious
and apparent mess


through seasons
and years



raindrops continued



they dripped and splattered




one dark night



i had enough


and went
through heavy wooden
church doors



to Him



and also found a friend



who helped me
lay my burdens down





literally at the cross
on my face



in a puddle
my tears
and fears


and pain and agony and guilt


finally they fell


cascading rivers
of a twenty-two year old storm



mixed with His blood



and His love




in the midst
of my alter mess



He pulled me onto His lap



heart to heart
we sat


He turned my face
upward



and I felt the torrents
of forgiveness
pour down



and wash away



my sins and dread and past and shame




to drown my sin
and set me free



He rescued me



from mired murk



so dark and deep
ugly and brown




He pulled me
up


by the heart strings


now i sit right here





in the grace
of His embrace







In order to truly feel His Grace Embrace,


what journey are you willing to walk


and what doors are you willing to push open?






* This poem was originally a non-thinking heart response to a question posed about really feeling God's grace. My heart wrote it, via my typing hands, straight into a comment box. Later, I went back and copied it for you.


* Photo by me. The actual door I pushed open for my Grace Embrace.


2 comments:

Laura said...

Of course I remember. It knocked my socks off then and now. Grace. Isn't it wonderful to feel it's embrace?

I'm long overdue to email you, my friend. I talked with friend who shares your heart today. I'll catch up with you about it all later. I don't even have two seconds to rub together this weekend.

But...I'm not complaining. These might be the best days of my life. I'm going to live them.

Patrinas Pencil said...

Darlene,

So glad that you visted my vineyard today. Yes, I did grab your vineyard's button and place within my own. But you know, I can't see when you've posted a neww post....so I kinda forgot to check back. I have to have in in front of me - so today, I copied your blogspot address and created a special vineyard listing for your place and Tammy's. Now I can see when you've both made new posts!!! I will be visitng your vineyard regularly now!! So look for me. :)

I hope to get to know you in the near future as we visit each other's vineyards ass we pour 'New Wine' for His Glory!

I love your 'Grace Embrace' here. Awesome story of how your painfully stretched heart strings found the Song that God wove into the fabric of your life ~ even before YOU were created in your mother's womb!!!


God's blessings and peace be upon you, and thank you for being YOU!!

Patrina <")>><
His watchman on the wall

Related Posts with Thumbnails